- Atmosphere: A fire pit can create a warm and inviting atmosphere, serving as a focal point for socializing and relaxing outdoors.
- Heating: Fire pits can provide warmth on chilly evenings, allowing you to enjoy your outdoor space even in cooler weather.
- Cooking: Some fire pits come with grills or other accessories, allowing you to cook food over the flames. This can add an element of fun and excitement to outdoor meals.
- Safety: Fire pits can provide a controlled and contained fire, reducing the risk of accidental fires.
- Aesthetics: A fire pit can add a natural and rustic touch to your outdoor space, enhancing the visual appeal of your garden or terrace.
Fire pits made of steel have become very popular in recent years, and it's not hard to see why. They are sturdy, durable, and easy to maintain, while also adding a cozy atmosphere to your garden or terrace. Additionally, they provide a practical way to light up your outdoor space, as you can grill food over the fire or enjoy a good book next to the fire.
But before you light up your new fire pit, it's important to think about safety. Make sure that the fire pit is on a stable, flame-resistant surface and that it's not too close to flammable objects. byJEMA's fire pit has a hole in the bottom that makes it easier to drain rainwater and also has an integrated fire pit insert for easy lighting.
To maintain good function and durability, it's important to maintain your fire pit. Be sure to clean it after each use and protect it from rain and moisture if it's not used for an extended period of time.
To start a fire in your fire pit the easiest way, follow these steps:
- Preparation: Place some large pieces of wood at the bottom of the fire pit to allow for good airflow. Then add some smaller pieces of wood on top to create a stable and sturdy base for the fire.
- Ignite: Use a match or a lighter to light paper or dry leaves underneath the wood. Be patient until the fire is well-established.
- Add wood: Once the fire is going strong, you can add larger pieces of wood on top to keep the fire burning for longer.
- Monitor the fire: Keep an eye on the fire and ensure there is sufficient airflow to keep the fire going. You can also adjust the wood to ensure the fire burns evenly.
It's also important to have water or a fire extinguisher nearby in case of an accident.
The steel comes with a small oil film and is therefore not rusted upon delivery.
We recommend washing with lukewarm soapy water after assembly to remove the oil film. Within a few weeks, depending on rainfall, the rusting process will begin. If you are impatient, the process can be accelerated by washing followed by a saltwater spray.
Corten steel is a unique material, it is a corrosion-resistant steel that develops a rustic surface when exposed to weather and wind. This surface protects the steel from further rust, making it an ideal material for outdoor use.
Corten steel also has the unique ability to change color over time, giving a rustic and natural look to your garden environment. This can create a beautiful contrast to the surroundings and create a unique expression in your garden.
Corten steel lasts up to 8 times longer than ordinary steel. The climate in which corten steel is used plays a significant role in its durability. Under optimal conditions, corten steel in gardens can last over 50 years, while a salty air will negatively affect its lifespan.
Does corten steel rust onto surfaces?
Corten steel only minimally rubs off compared to ordinary steel. However, it will always rub off a little on the surface at the beginning of the rusting process.
Therefore, we recommend using a base plate when placing it on tiles or wood. The base plate has drainage holes, and the box will be raised approximately 5 mm from the surface so that water can drain away. On concrete tiles, rust can be easily removed with oxalic acid.